Alexander Dominguez at Red featured in Yearbook Fanzine #7 and here we share with you his full interview plus exclusive images that were not featured in the magazine.
Photography & Interview by Nathan Best, styling by Jules Wood. We have a limited number of print copies available from the link below plus the digital version is available too
*please note the Apple version features some censored pages due to nudity restrictions. Our PDF version is NOT censored
1. Hello Alexander. Welcome to Yearbook! How old are you and where are you from?
I’m 24 years old and I’m from Maryland.
2. How did you get into modeling and how long have you been doing it?
I pursued modeling after I graduated from college and I was really not happy with the way my life was, working a 9-5 job, and not pursuing something I was actually passionate about. So one day I just submitted my pictures to a couple agencies and finally RED hit me back. I’ve been modeling in New York for almost a year now. I’ve been having the time of my life!
3. What things are you truly passionate about?
I’m passionate about my family, close friends, and the pursuit of my goal to be a world traveling model.
4. What is the most common misconception about you?
That I am a quiet Asian kid. I’m actually friendly and outgoing!
5. What is your heritage/ethnic background?
6. If not New York City, where else would you love to live?
In the good old USA, I would like to live in California. Overseas, I’d really like to live in the Philippines!
7. Is modeling mostly work or mostly fun for you?
It is pure fun for me! I am very grateful for my awesome agents, George, Dave, and Tom at RED for giving me this great opportunity in New York.
8. Who are some of your favorite music artists?
Gucci Mane, System of a Down, Kings of Leon, and Drake.
9. Do you go to clubs, and are you a good dancer?
I partake in clubs on fun nights. As for dancing, I got a drink and a two step deal going on! Ha ha haa!
10. Do you spend more time with friends or with family?
I do spend a lot of time with friends, especially with my ambitious friends. I learn a lot from being around good people. I would love to spend more time with my family, but they are in Maryland.
11. Along with modeling, would you consider a career in acting?
I have recently thought about a carer in acting, but i’m going to focus on my modeling career for now and transition into acting when the time is right.
12. What is both your favorite and least favorite thing about modeling?
My favorite part of modeling would have to be meeting all the awesome people. The least favorite part would have to be people who have oversized egos!
13. As a model, is dating difficult? And if yes or no, tell us why!
I don’t find it difficult to date as a model. Sometimes if the circumstances are right, it’s easy to go on dates regularly.
14. What physical feature do people admire most about you?
I get compliments on my hair occasionally!
15. What is your favorite food?
16. What was your favorite part of our shoot?
I really loved the shooting location in Montauk. I have never been there and it was an awesome experience!
17. What is your favorite quote or or famous last words?
Quitters never win, and winners never quit!