Cykeem was featured in Yearbook Fanzine #7 and here we share with you his full interview plus exclusive images that were not featured in the magazine.
Photography & Interview by Nathan Best, styling by Jules Wood. We have a limited number of print copies available from the link below plus the digital version is available too
Order a print edition or digital edition HERE
Yearbook Fanzine eBOOK BUNDLE: A collection of Yearbook Fanzine PDF editions (click for more details)
Yearbook Annual eBook Bundle: An eBook bundle of Yearbook Annual digital editions
Features in BOYS! by Yearbook Editions eBook Bundle
1. Hello Cykeem. Welcome to Yearbook! How old are you and where are you from?
Hello, thanks for featuring me. Im 25 and I’m from Dallas Texas.
2. How did you get into modeling and how long have you been doing it?
I was introduced at home, came to New York and was scouted. Been modeling for two years now.
3. What things are you truly passionate about?
Mostly my family, and everyone that supports me. Also modeling because its so much competition, and I like competition.
4. What is the most common misconception about you?
I really couldn’t tell you that because i don’t center my self with people talking down.
5. What is your heritage/ethnic background?
African American, German, and a little Indian. I don’t know what tribe!
6. If not New York City, where else would you love to live?
I would love to see what overseas is like. Living wise, in the states? maybe LA.
7. Is modeling mostly work or mostly fun for you?
I feel modeling is work and fun for the most part. Nothing like a fun crew though.
8. Who are some of your favorite music artists?
Bob Marley and the Wailers, Dj Screw, and a couple of other hip hop artists.
9. Do you go to clubs, and are you a good dancer?
I go to clubs sometimes. I don’t dance now days. I used to back in the day. ha ha
10. Do you spend more time with friends or with family?
I would say friends as of now. My family is home in Texas.
11. Along with modelling, would you consider a career in acting?
I’m taking that route fairly soon. Just want to get the right chance.
12. What is both your favorite and least favorite thing about modeling?
My favorite things must be the different type of stories i tell at each shoot. I like wondering about what is my task for the day. Least favorite might have to be the snobby people in the industry.
13. As a model, is dating difficult? And if yes or no, tell us why!
For me i would say no, depending on who it is that you’re dating. If the two are able to bond in a positive way, then its very easy!
14. What physical feature do people admire most about you?
Probably my hair, if not then my body.
15. What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is everything that im not allergic to.
16. What was your favorite part of our shoot?
Fav part of the shoot was the crew I worked with that day!
17. What is your favorite quote or or famous last words?
“Impossible is just a big word.” – Muhammad Ali