We’d like to introduce you to a new discovery, Ivan Frank from Moscow, who shoots intimate self-portraits as well as others. In Yearbook #6 we featured a selection of his self-portraits, a natural both in front and behind the camera. Learn a little more about him in his interview.
Interview with Ivan
1. Welcome to Yearbook Ivan, how old are you?
2. What part of the world are you from?
3. Are you a student, if so, what are you studying?
Yes, I’m a student and I am studying World Economics
4. You take some cool self-portraits, do you prefer photographing yourself or other models?
I prefer both 🙂 Actually, it depends on my mood, some interesting locations and free time. I love to take self-portraits because I know that nobody will make it better than I 🙂
5. Name 3 of your favourite music artists?
I love music, it inspires me. I have a lot of favourite artists, but 3 of them include: Zero 7, Disclosure and Beyonce
6. Which photographers inspire you?
I regret there are not certain photographers who inspire me, as every day it is someone new. But recently I was inspired by the works of Kenny Sweeney.
7. What do you get up to in your spare time?
Now I devote all my free time to my diploma. Very soon I graduate from the institute, for this purpose it is necessary to perform the thesis. And not to forget as to photograph, sometimes I keep the camera in hand 🙂
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
If you mean a country or city, I think it will be London or NY 😉