We’d like to introduce you to a new discovery, Ivan Frank from Moscow, who shoots intimate self-portraits as well as others. In Yearbook #6 we featured a selection of his self-portraits, a natural both in front and behind the camera. Learn a little more about him in his interview.
Order a softcover print or digital edition HERE
Yearbook Fanzine eBOOK BUNDLE: A collection of Yearbook Fanzine PDF editions (click for more details)
Yearbook Annual eBook Bundle: An eBook bundle of Yearbook Annual digital editions
Features in BOYS! by Yearbook Editions eBook Bundle – 28 issues
Interview with Ivan
1. Welcome to Yearbook Ivan, how old are you?
2. What part of the world are you from?
3. Are you a student, if so, what are you studying?
Yes, I’m a student and I am studying World Economics
4. You take some cool self-portraits, do you prefer photographing yourself or other models?
I prefer both 🙂 Actually, it depends on my mood, some interesting locations and free time. I love to take self-portraits because I know that nobody will make it better than I 🙂
5. Name 3 of your favourite music artists?
I love music, it inspires me. I have a lot of favourite artists, but 3 of them include: Zero 7, Disclosure, and Beyonce
6. Which photographers inspire you?
I regret there are not certain photographers who inspire me, as every day it is someone new. But recently I was inspired by the works of Kenny Sweeney.
7. What do you get up to in your spare time?
Now I devote all my free time to my diploma. Very soon I graduate from the institute, for this purpose it is necessary to perform the thesis. And not to forget as to photograph, sometimes I keep the camera in hand 🙂
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
If you mean a country or city, I think it will be London or NY 😉